Sunday, August 5, 2007

Be My Dad, Christopher Walken

Another little nugget of gold (but not the regular kind... this is SPACE NINJA GOLD!) from the folks over at the Blemish, this one concerning everyone's favorite "Is he kidding?" actor, Christopher Walken. Apparently, a panel doing press for Balls of Fury recently shared some Master Walken anecdotes from the set, and provided reinforcement to my belief that 'ol Chris is secretly the funniest man alive..... to himself.... and me.
...
'Apparently, Christopher Walken doesn’t know what the symbol @ means. He was furious when changes were made to the script and he couldn’t pronounce the “word”.
In other Walken wackiness, one day on the set he brought in a birthday cake and sat next to it with a sad look. He pretended it was his birthday and sat around as the rest of the crew sang Happy Birthday to him over and over. He did this three times over the course of shooting the film.'

...
That just may be the most unsettling, yet hilarious joke I've heard in a looooooong while. Any attempt at humor that leaves most people debating whether that was a joke or a quiet cry for help is Shakespearian in my book. Of course, I should mention that MY book was deemed unfit for publication due to a copyright disagreement with the Necronomicon. You know, ancient Sumeria, you used to be cool man. Now, I just don't know.
...
I just don't know.

No comments: